Tuesday 8 January 2013

Nebanda’s mother rejects Kalungi confession



 Nebanda's mother does not agree with Kalungi's confession

FIRST READ:


Kalungi makes U-turn, pleads not guilty

http://watchmanafrica.blogspot.com/2013/01/nebanda-kalungi-makes-u-turn-pleads-not.html

Persecuted for trailing the truth : The dangers of working as a pathologist in American slave states: Mulago suspends pathologist Onzivua while Bigirimana still remains in office.


http://watchmanafrica.blogspot.com/2013/01/persecuted-for-trailing-truth-dangers.html


If you are not the killer why Doctor pictures??? Adam Musa Masuba the so Called ex-lover of late Nebanda says that the late started taking drugs this YEAR as a way of reducing her weight: Oh: really

http://watchmanafrica.blogspot.com/2013/01/if-you-are-not-killer-why-doctor.html

 

Nebanda’s mother rejects Kalungi confession


Sunday, 06 January 2013 23:24

Written by Shifa Mwesigye

The mother of the late Cerinah Nebanda Arioru, Alice Namulwa Mukasa has rejected a confession by Adam Suleiman Kalungi that the legislator died from a drug overdose.

Kalungi told a press conference at the Special Investigations Unit in Kireka that the fallen Butaleja Woman Member of Parliament, who was his girl friend, used cocaine and heroin together. He said that Nebanda had that day switched to heroin and taken it the wrong way by sniffing it. Heroin is taken in tablet or injectable form.

Namulwa, who is still in Butaleja where her daughter was buried, told The Observer by telephone that if Kalungi said that Nebanda died from abuse of narcotics, then he still had some questions he had not answered.

“If they were taking the same drug, how come one party is dead and another ran to Nairobi without [the drug having] any effect on him? How come the information he is talking about came out before the postmortem that said Nebanda had died from those drugs? It appears there is something he is not saying,” Namulwa told The Observer.

She confirmed that Nebanda had indeed not spent a night at her house on Thursday and had told her that she would spend it in Munyonyo.

“I doubt [his confession]; I am not convinced. There are too many loopholes. I would believe in the postmortem and his story if they had allowed the doctor [Sylvester Onzivua] to go to South Africa. Any human being will ask why did they stop the doctor from going and why are they arresting anyone who is saying anything about it?” Namulwa said.

She also wondered why Kalungi did not call Nebanda’s family immediately he realised that there was something wrong with her and instead confided in friends.

“If it was a normal death why did he run away? I don’t see any fact in what he is saying,” Namulwa said.

She says she has no plans to carry out an independent postmortem in the near future.

“For me I have buried my daughter and everything I have left in God’s hands, one time the truth will come out. I know Adam is innocent,”

Asked if she would like to meet Kalungi, Namulwa said that she had no intentions of meeting him because he will not offer her any truth.

 A detective leads Adam Kalungi to Makindye court yesterday. Photo by Abubaker Lubowa. 

I am guilty, Kalungi tells magistrate

Mr Adam Suleiman Kalungi, the key suspect in the death of Butaleja Woman MP Cerinah Nebanda, yesterday pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

“Yes it’s true,” said Mr Kalungi, in a fairly packed Makindye courtroom, when the charge was read to him.

However, Chief Magistrate Ester Nambayo could not record his guilty plea since he did not have a lawyer to advise him on the consequences of his pronouncement.

The magistrate instead remanded him to Luzira Prison until today, when the State is expected to provide him with a lawyer before he can plead afresh to the charge.

“Mr Kalungi, we are not taking your plea today since the manslaughter charge requires that you are represented by an advocate. You will be remanded till tomorrow (today),” Ms Nambayo ruled.

Manslaughter is a capital offence that carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.
The State alleges that Mr Kalungi and five others, also remanded to Luzira Prison, caused the death of Nebanda.

The five, who were charged on December 31, are believed to be Mr Kalungi’s friends. They include Ms Fatuma Babu, Mr Abid Rashid Butt, Mr Noor Abubakar, Mr Khan Babu Abdul and Mr Ali Omar Almuzahim

According to the charge sheet, Mr Kalungi also faces other charges of unlawful possession of narcotic drugs, contrary to Section 47 (1) and 60 (2) of the National Drug Policy and Authority, Act Cap 206.

The State alleges that between last September and December, Mr Kalungi had in his possession a class A drug.

He is also jointly charged with the other five in another with supplying the restricted drug.

Mr Kalungi was driven to Makindye Chief Magistrate’s Court under tight security by a team from the Special Investigations Unit Kireka, where he has been since Friday.

Makindye residents had gathered outside the court in groups to have a glimpse at the man believed to have been Nebanda’s boyfriend.

While in court, he appeared gloomy and often looked down.

Dressed in green trousers, a maroon squared shirt and a casual brownish leather jacket, Mr Kalungi was driven away in a white saloon car to Luzira under tight security.



We had plans for the future – Nebanda boyfriend

http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22990&Itemid=114

Sunday, 06 January 2013 23:26

Written by Shifa Mwesigye

Below are excerpts from Adam Suleiman Kalungi’s statement about his last moments with the late Butaleja Woman MP cerinah Nebanda, on the day she died.

Kalungi, who was arrested in Kenya last week, was returned to the country and was interrogated by the police’s Special Investigations Unit.

I am called Kalungi Adam Suleiman. She (Cerinah Nebanda) was my girlfriend. We woke up a bit late around 11am. She said she was rushing to meet the brother to pick a passport and take it to the embassy.

I also woke up to meet up with the land surveyor. My brother-in-law wanted to buy some land in Buziga. I met my brother-in-law and the surveyor and we surveyed the land he wanted to buy.

So I paid him his fee and we separated. On my way home I picked some food and went home. I bought rice and beans from Chicken Tonight. By the time I got home, I found Cerinah seated down on the carpet. She had already sniffed the heroin that was there in the living room. It was there from previous night. She was ok, she could talk but there were remnants on her nose.

I knew she had sniffed a wrong thing. I tried to ask her why did you do this? She didn’t have any good reasons. She told me’ I tried to call you to ask you’. Then I shouted and told her it was wrong that it was not supposed to be taken that way. I kept on shouting she told me “don’t shout at me”. She used to do cocaine so I think she mistakenly did heroin thinking its cocaine.

I went to the fridge to pick some water and milk. I tried to give her she couldn’t swallow. Then I tried to make some calls to some friends. I was in a state of shock. It was my first time to experience this and being a legislator I thought the government would do anything. I was not ready to face anybody in that state. I didn’t know what to do. I tried to find my way to the farthest I could. I didn’t figure out but I thought Kenya was the nearest.

I got transport; I hitched a lift towards Jinja. I got another lift on a truck, I passed Malaba, down to Bungoma. I got a bus to Nairobi and then I got another bus to Mombasa.

Where did you get the heroin?
I got it from some friend around Buziga. It was to be delivered to somebody in Juba. She consumed it the wrong way. You sniff cocaine but you don’t sniff heroin. Heroin is done different.So where was she getting these drugs you are talking about?

I am not a drug dealer, I consume once in a while but I am not a drug dealer. Maybe she used to get it from somewhere else but she also used to get it through me. You can get it from so many friends, so many people you can meet in bars and clubs and they say they have it.

What would you tell her parents?
I am really sorry for what happened. She was my girlfriend and we had good times. We had future plans.