Wednesday 12 December 2012

When Satan’s Gay devils infiltrated Uganda’s Pentecostal prosperity Churches: Remembering the Sad story of Mr Julius Lukyamuzi who was sodomised by Pastor Grace Kitaka( Chris Mubiri’s brother): Up to now the Poor victim has not got an legal redress.




 Pastor Grace Kitaka

FIRST READ:


Brother of Pastor Grace Kitaka , Ugandan Football star ChrisMubiru’s Sodomy saga as a precursor for the Anti-Homosexuality bill 2009: Untold story of Chris Mubiru’s sexual troubles









Uganda Police hunt for sodomy suspect




http://watchmanafrica.blogspot.com/2012/12/uganda-police-hunt-for-sodomy-suspect.html


Who is Pastor Kitaka?

Pastor Grace Kitaka was the Associate Pastor of Liberty Worship Center.Prince Grace Kitaka was born from a Royal Family.His father Kitaka was one of the king's royal men.His father grew up with the king Mutesa II of Buganda in the early 50. Grace was born in June 1963 in a town around Kampala.Since his father was completely against the Christian faith, he grew up in a church environment.His Mother, Mrs. Beatrice Mugale Kitaka was a born again Christian and she always attended a home church called Full Gospel where Grace, her son was able to attend Sunday school too.It was with this background that he developed his love for Music.Grace says that he drew a lot of inspiration from one Mr. Sebulime David who is currently living in Texas USA; he held a rich talent in music.His first attempt to sing was during a youth outreach group that he joined in the early 1980's.This line of Ministry created a misunderstanding with his dad and he therefore had to leave home in the search to serve God. It was at around this time that he joined Pastor Robert Kayanja at Rubaga Miracle Centre.A number of doors opened for the upcoming worship Minister.He has this to say about his journey to becoming a pastor. ‘I happened to have started moving to different churches teaching music and training praise and worship teams. Following the rapid growth of his Music talent, Pastor Grace was invited to Kansanga Miracle centre to teach Praise and worship.

 



http://www.monitor.co.ug/sunday/news/news07081.php

Simon Kasyate

Kampala

Sunday Monitor

News | July 8 - 14, 2007



Victim reveals inside story


Twenty six year old Mr Julius Lukyamuzi's story sounds like the paradigm in the ancient Greek tragedies that the more you attempt to run away from fate the more you are running towards it.


Julius had a shattered childhood after his parents separated in mid 1990s. He lived his early years in destitution with his mother near Bwebajja on Entebbe Road. After his Primary Seven education, he came to the city in 1995 in search of employment. His story reveals how he found home on the streets, teamed up with street gangs for survival.


But when later he re-discovered himself to abandon the Devil and turn to Christ, little did he know that he was actually running towards a bigger Devil than what he was fleeing.


His story is a fusion of sadness, exploitation and betrayal inflicted on him by people who were supposed to protect and counsel him. It's also a glaring exposure of the emptiness of some of the emerging evangelical churches of pseudo-puritans who have turned into Devil's disciples.


Mr Julius narrated this seemingly unbelievable but chilling story to Sunday Monitor with documentary and pictorial evidence to support his assertions.
"One day in 1995, I was living at the Freedom Square in Katwe, a gospel crusade by Pastor Deo Balabyekubo, was announced.



A policeman Mr Opolot who we had always seen around called me. I went straight to him. He asked why I was not getting saved. I got saved. He called a lady Aunt Jas who took me and other boys to Kibuye Prayer Palace of Pastor Balabyekubo. The next day, we met Balabyekubo and he promised to take us back to school. But he died shortly later. I was staying at the church with about 15 other boys. When we returned from his burial certain pastors started picking us one by one.



I was picked by Pastor Grace Kitaka. He took me to his home in Mengo near Bulange. (This is at Zakariya Kisingiri's house next to the Supreme Court and Kitaka is Kisingiri's grandchild). Kitaka told me he wanted me to stay with him and leave Kibuye Prayer Palace.



He collected me from the church the next day. He introduced me to his mother Princess Mugale. I found there big boys like Sebwama, Wilberforce, Andrew Kalibala, Aaron and others.


He had no wife and children but had many adopted children. The same year 1995 he asked me if I wanted to go back to school. I agreed. He took me to Dynamic SSS. He introduced me as his son and renamed me Kitaka. I was now known as Julius Kitaka.



At his home, I shared a room with a boy David Lule. But we later conflicted and Pastor Kitaka asked me to start sleeping in his room. We were eight boys. He started using me for many strange things (breaks down into sobs). He would take me to the bathroom and force me to masturbate him (sobs uncontrollably).


Even Lule used to do it but we could not tell each other what we were going through.



In 1996 we stopped going to Kibuye Prayer Palace and started going to Kansanga Miracle Centre at Pastor Kiwewesi's Church. Kitaka is good at music. Churches used to invite him to work for them. So Kiwewesi had called him to help him. Kitaka had no church of his own.



At Kansanga, there were many pastors including Kiwewesi, Simbwa and Namutebi. Kitakka was a pastor for music. We were like his children and very close to him. In 1996 while in S.2, on a Sunday night, he took me to a small room. He left and returned with a blanket, gave it to me and left again. He returned later and told me to masturbate him.



I did and he started sodomising me (weeps). Because it was raining outside, nobody could hear my screams. I fled to the door, kicked it several times but no one could hear. (Julius breaks down again). That night I could not sleep. (breaks down again). In the morning Kitaka came and told me to go to the bathroom. He followed me and watched me as I bathed. Later I went to his sister Irene Kisingiri (they lived together) and told her. The woman knew his habits. She just said they would try to lock my room so that he did not disturb me again.



I reported to the LCI chairman, Mr Kabanda. After telling him the story, he asked: "Aren't you the son of Pastor Grace Kitaka called Julius Kitaka?"



The LCI man told me this was a family matter which would be settled at family level. I told him I am Julius Lukyamuzi. He refused to give me a reference letter to the police and said he would come home to arbitrate.



When he came, we sat and Irene counselled the brother and advised that I be taken to hospital. They took me to Dr Kalibala of Namirembe Hospital who has a clinic in Nakulabye. He checked me and wrote a report, which Kitaka took.



In 1997, we boys who lived at Kitaka's home told Pastor Imelda Namutebi that Kitaka was a gay. She said, "He is not, it can't be, never talk about a man of God, never touch my anointed one..." She got a Bible and started counselling us. But we told her we were going to tell the whole world what this guy was doing.


She pleaded saying if we did, the church would split. She asked us what we wanted, we said we wanted to leave Kitaka. She told us to be patient and warned that if I told my mum, I would see what would happened to me.



After a couple of days, we wrote to Kitaka a letter and pushed it under his door. We condemned him for his actions. He called a meeting and quarrelled till 5 a.m. Knowing my handwriting, he singled me out and took me to boarding at Light College Katikamu. Emma ad Simbwa were taken to Cardinal Nsubuga Memorial College.



In 1997 Namutebi started buying me drugs because I was discharging blood. In 1998 I completed my S.4. In 1999 Emma returned from school and said part of his intestine was coming out. He told Pastor Kitaka and he took him to Namirembe Hospital where he was operated on. We spent one and half months in hospital.



I was tasked to be his caretaker. I got closer to him. One night he told me how Kitaka had sodomised him. We spent the whole night crying together. That year I enrolled at Ndejje SSS for S.5 but told Kitaka I could not continue with books. I was traumatised.



In 2000 we packed our bags and left. David Lule disappointed us, he stayed. We went to Pastor Namutebi and told her our testimonies.



She immediately called Pastor Kitaka and we sat in a meeting in an office near Bulange. We told them we were going to tell the country our plight. Namutebi pleaded with us. She asked us to tell her what we would want. I told them we wanted to remain in school, they rent a house for us and we stay as we had been.



They accepted. We got a house near the Kabaka's lake at Shs80,000. They gave us money for about six months and Shs200,000 for upkeep. After six months, Kitaka went to America. When he returned he started separating us. Simbwa went to him and said he had given him 200 dollars and that we should go to pick ours. I was the last to go and he gave me Shs360,000 and he told me to separate from the boys. I refused.



After two weeks, Emma took juice and started vomiting. He went to Lubaga Hospital and was told he had consumed poison. We started tracing the origin of the poison and all signs pointed to Simbwa. Simbwa got a knife to stab Emma. I separated them. In the morning, Yosama was also seriously sick, Simbwa disappeared. I went to Pastor Kitaka and told him the boys wanted to kill each other. Kitaka gave me money and told me to leave the group and find my own house. I started looking for Simbwa because we were friends. I got him in Mengo. We went to Bukoto. This was 2000.



The other group shifted to Ndeeba. One night in 2001 police came looking for us. They said I had punched a City Council man with my group. They took me, the landlord's son and another to Kira Road Police Station. The next day we were taken to court. We were released on bail. After a month City Hall magistrate Deborah Wanume dismissed the case.



In 2001 I again told Kitaka that I was badly off, I was still discharging blood. He told me they would take me for an operation in South Africa. He got for me a passport. But the details in the passport were different from what I had filled on the forms. They gave me an ID of Kyambogo University. They told me to go to the South African embassy. They started coaching me what to tell the embassy. Namutebi told me I had been booked for operation in South Africa. But in August 2003, I was arrested. The police came to my place and asked me for my ID, which I gave them. They asked, "are you a student at Kyambogo University?" I said, "Yes".



They took me to Old Kira Police Station. A few days later they drove me to Kyambogo University to the registrar's office and asked whether I was a student there. He checked in the register and said my name wasn’t there.



I was taken to court on September 3 and sentenced to two years in jail in Luzira. After six months I was transferred to Rwimi prison in Kasese. Life there was hard. We went 95 but most of my colleagues died. We used to drink unboiled water.



I was released in January 2005 (sobs). I visited my mum and she was happy. In May I came back to tell mum Betty my whole life story, but I failed (cries, wipes off tears). She works in Kabugu on Entebbe Road. In July I went back. That Friday she was going to Abaita Ababili market. I said mum, let me tell you one thing. I was sodomised by Pastor Grace and he is the one behind all these tricks of my being in jail because I told him I would expose him.



"I told you to leave those balokole and you refused," she told me. "You used to say they were paying your school fees and you were happy with them, now do you see what has happened?" (breaks down in tears). My mum collapsed. She spent two weeks in a coma at Mulago Hopspital. They discharged us. My mum is now at home in Bwebajja but she lost her memory. When I visit her now she can't tell my name. I don't even want to visit her because whenever I do, I become traumatised.



In 2003 I met Pastor Joseph Serwada at California Bar during a prayer crusade. I walked up to him and told him that that man you see seated over there, Pastor Grace, sodomised me. He told me to go to his office on Monday. I kept going to his office for about two months, but I could only see his assistants.


In 2006 I heard about Pastor Male Solomon. I went and told him about my problems. He assisted me to go back to Uganda Human Rights Commission where I had reported the case of sodomy in 2001. Male wrote a letter to Mr Nathan of UHRC to trace my file. They could not trace it although in the register, my name was there. The file got lost.



We went to Mr Grace Turyagumanawe, the regional police commander, and told him our complaint. He called a police officer Mr Olweny who recorded our statements-- me and Emma Magara.


Earlier in April I had been arrested by police who said Kitaka had accused me of threatening violence. But Mr Turyagumanawe released me on bond.



On July 18, Mr Olweny told me that Kitaka had been arrested. I called my family and Pastor Male that Kitaka was in cells. When I returned, Mr Olweny told me he was sorry Kitaka had been released by Sakira the previous night. Mr Sakira told us it was an order from above.



We were puzzled. Emma and I went to the IGP Mr Kale Kayihura on August 24, 2006. He handed us over to his personal secretary Owomugisha Herman. Herman was later transferred and replaced by Anne Asiimwe. Since then Kitaka has never been taken to court.




Police Harassing Sodomy Victims- Pastor Male


Victims of sodomy by top city pastors are refusing to open cases against their accusers for fear of harassment by the Police.


Pastor Moses Male of the Arising for Christ ministries says that many victims of sodomy accuse the Police of conniving with their abusers to harass them.


He adds that the security of the victims of homosexuality in the churches is not guaranteed. Pastor Male wants parliament to set up a commission of inquiry into allegations of homosexuality in the Pentecostal church, to allow the victims testify.


He says that when Julius Lukyamuzi, accused pastor Grace Kitaka of sodomizing him the police charged him for theft.


He says that another victim Andrew Arinaitwe, who accused Pastor Isaac Kiwewesi of Miracle center of the same offence, was also charged for car theft.


Male accuses the Police of taking sides, saying it can no-longer carryout independent investigations.


He says that when one of the victims of sodomy is arrested other keeps a low profile and continues suffering in silence. But the spokesman of the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Fred Enanga denies that Police have taken sides in the accusations.


Enanga insists that the Police want witnesses in the sodomy cases. On Pastor, Kiwewesi he said the Police carried out investigations and sent the file to Director of Public Prosecution for sanctioning.


He however says that the DPP withdrew the case because he did not find incriminating evidence against Pastor Kiwewesi.


Several top Pastors have of recently come under spotlight on accusations of practicing homosexuality.


A self confessed former homosexual George Oundo a.k.a Georgina recently threatened to release a list of Pastors allegedly engaged in homosexuality.





Pastor sued over sodomy, another held on extortion



Publish Date: Jul 26, 2007

By Hillary Nsambu and Herbert Ssempogo

These are bad times for clerics in Uganda. One pastor of the Liberty Worship Centre was taken to court on Wednesday over allegations of sodomy, while another pastor of the Holy Fire Ministries was arrested on Tuesday for alleged theft and extortion.


Julius  Kitaka Lukyamuzi claims he was sodomised by Pastor Grace Kitaka Kisingiri in June 1996 after he had been adopted as one of the destitute children under his care.


Lukyamuzi filed his case at the High Court civil registry in Kampala on Wednesday.


The Pastor has been given two weeks to file his defence.


Should you fail to file a defence on the expiry of the 15 days, judgment may be passed against you, the summon reads.


Lukyamuzi contends that after Kitaka had adopted him, he forcefully and brutally abused him sexually in June 1996. The Pastor took him to Namirembe Hospital for treatment, he further states, adding that he suffered damage in the anus passage, which requires a medical operation.


Ever since, he says, he has suffered trauma and requires professional counselling. He complains of having lost self-esteem and being ridiculed and shunned by members of the society.


In 2001, he reported the matter to the Uganda Human Rights Commission but nothing came out of it, he adds. He wants Kitaka to give him full treatment and pay him damages plus interest and cost of the suit.


In a related development, the Police yesterday paraded Pastor Francis Kiyimba, alias Ofwono, of the Holy Fire Ministries Church, based in Namulanda, Entebbe, who is accused of a series of crimes, including theft and extortion.


According to the spokesman of Kampala Extra, Simeo Nsubuga, the pastor hired a taxi from Lwanga for sh50,000.


He also got fuel worth sh30,000 from a Caltex station in Kikyusa, Luweero, on June 28 and drove off without paying. On the same day, he allegedly conned Busulwa of Kasaawo, Mukono district, of sh20,000.



The following day, he allegedly picked a bag of sugar from people in Nazigo, Mukono district, and took off without paying. He later sold it in Jinja for sh60,000.


On June 30, he was in Soroti and Mbale where he reportedly coerced shoe vendors to give him sh150,000 for blessings, but they only managed to raise sh60,000.


According to Nsubuga, Kiyimba later drove to Mbarara via Kampala where he reportedly extorted money from people on the pretext that he would bless  them. He was nabbed by the Police in Mbarara following complaints of extortion, and staked the vehicle to secure his release. Kiyimba went into hiding for three weeks and was eventually re-arrested on July 24.


Meanwhile, other embattled pastor, Obiri Yeboah Kojo, is staying in the country illegally. Kojo’ two-month visa expired on July 16. He came to Uganda from Ghana on May 15.
Immigration spokesperson, Eunice Kisembo, yesterday said Kojo applied for renewal of his visa on July 12.


We refused to give it to him due to the Police investigations into his activities, she said.



Pastor Solomon Male of Arising for Christ Ministries


When criminals grace the pulpit



Wednesday, 22 October 2008 00:00

By Onghwens Kisangala



Uganda is at the centre of a cultural twist; sodomy could be on the increase. With some people in society lukewarm to condemn it and others clandestinely engaged, a few men have come out openly to speak against it. Among them is Pastor Moses Solomon Male of Arising for Christ church. Onghwens Kisangala spoke to him. Excerpts.

The Independent: For a while, there have been accusations and counter accusations between pastors and alleged victims of sodomy and all sorts of vices, what is going on in the church, more so, the Pentecostal Movement?

Pastor Male: There is a problem within the church. But I should say it is not restricted to the Pentecostal Movement. It is a general problem in the entire body of Christ; Catholics, Anglicans, Presbyterians, Pentecostal, born-again, name it, there is a problem of integrity. There is an integrity crisis in the church today. Now what do we see happening in the body of Christ today?

That is what I want you to tell me.

I will name some of the things that are happening within spiritual entities today. There is sodomy. It is in schools, churches, and in our community; powerful people are involved in it, but worst of all, the-would be icons of society, custodians of morality and light and salt of the world are the perpetrators of these vices; the men in the pew, the spiritual leaders.

You have talked before about these men and women of God, can you name them?
We have (and I have got to be very, very precise) Pastor Kitaka resigned over sodomy, Pastor Isaac Kiwewesi, Pastor Simeon Kayiwa.

How has the church tried to deal with this menace?
In 2003 during the Kayiwa-Rochelle Gibler saga, there was Pastor Kibuuka in Kawempe, he had information regarding Kayiwa and what he had been involved in. So I met Pastor Kibuuka, we talked at length. He told me there is a commission of inquiry set up by the National Fellowship, but then their father is Kayiwa. They are not going to touch him; actually they found for him an escape route. I told him  can you come out?  He said if it were anyone else handling it I would , since it is fellow pastors, I can not; it is just a waste of time. He said  if I come out people will stop getting saved, look at the Catholics they are going to gain, Protestants are going to gain, no, no, no!

Is their purpose to protect the status quo or to do what is right?

No. They feel no remorse for what they do. They are doing evil and committing crimes with impunity; fearing not God but fellow man. When they commit evil and accusers come up, they tell them to go to the law. Yet the law is weak. The current laws can’t address spiritual issues. They were probably designed long before the so called men of God turned berserk. Today we have criminals at the pulpit, and other church leaders are covering them.

You talk of committing crimes with impunity, can you substantiate?

Some of them have found the corridors of power, where they do wrong; fellow priests or pastors cover them. In the corridors of power, if you try to touch them, they will quickly shout this is an attack on the church  which I personally don’t believe in. I believe that when somebody commits wrong, he should be held accountable, and we don’t have the mechanism to bring these so called men and women of God to justice just because they intimidate every body “ thou shall not touch God’s anointed.
Are you saying the church is deliberately fanning this vice?
Again in 2004 the National Fellowship of Born Again Churches (NFBAC) led by Pastor David Kiganda launched operation-clean-the-house. Evils started surfacing but it became certain that as one group was trying to fight evil, another was trying to cover it up, and this was Pastor Serwadda.
How do you tell between a false church and a genuine one?
True propagators of the gospel will not sale blessings, prayers, marriage, visas and others. They call it sowing a seed. Secondly a pastor moving around with young men; hair plaited, or do make ups, then you must really be keen; the men may be involved in the vice of sodomy. A church where young men put on ear rings, girls put on mini skirts, they show nudity, the focus is on miracles, keep a distance.

If the Church is breaking, as you seem to suggest, what is the way forward?

We need to set up a commission of inquiry. This commission should call people who have been hurt and ask them particular questions regarding what they suffered. After getting all that, we will have established a basis for a good policy. We also need a platform which operates as the Human Rights Commission. This will not go through those bureaucracies, the so called proof beyond reasonable doubt. As long as you have your case it is handled expediently. It will deal with all the religious denominations.