Tuesday 4 February 2014

When false prosperity healing preachers take a break due to sickness : Todd and Jessa Bentley to takes a break because of sickness

Todd and Jessa Bentley



Happy New Year!

We trust and pray that you had a great season of Holidays like we did. We were able to spend Christmas and kicked off the New Year with the kids. There were a lot of laughter, presents, and fun! I'm sure those of you who follow us on Instagram and Facebook have seen all the pictures and videos.

We declare over you this year 3rd John verse 2, "I pray that you would prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." Our prayer this coming year is that you would be satisfied with the full blessing and favor of God.

At the time of this update, there are several things happening here at Fresh Fire USA. As many of our friends in Europe know, our trip to Germany and Austria in November last year was cancelled due to some health issues. It started with me (Todd) having a severe lung infection and heart problems. Thank God, it wasn't a heart attack!

I did end up in the hospital where there were several tests done to find the causes of the shortness of breath, racing heart, pain in my chest, and other physical symptoms. I am still working with doctors toward a full recovery. In addition, I have been experiencing anxiety and panic attacks which add to the physical challenge. The bigger question is getting to the root of what is causing these issues. With much prayer and thought, this has led me and our team to believe that for a season, it would be best to take a continued break to recover fully physically, and spiritually, using time to pray, and get closer to the Lord. I've come to realize that there are some areas in my character that still need work. During the time of these physical challenges there were things revealed in my life that were sinful, the result of still having cracks in my foundation. These unresolved personal issues are being addressed, is being corrected, and now in the process of being healed before I return to ministry. I will be working to pursue deeper inner healing to be sure that there is nothing further in me that could be a snare and hinder me from living strong and victoriously. As many of you know, I've had two burnouts and health challenges in the past. This time, I want to be sure that I make the priority my health, my family, and walking fully in the light before the Lord in everything. This process will be done with doctors, intense counseling, and working with a trainer in the gym on my cardio and nutrition.

Last year was great and the busiest year we've had yet. God did many great things in Haiti, Korea, Europe, and of course, the Healing Awakening South Africa. With this in mind, this season can be a great opportunity to have another extended time of encounters with the Lord as well as working on other small projects like finishing some books and products, writing, and soaking. I have been using this time to be sure that I am physically, spiritually, and emotionally fit to continue what God has called us to.

A Word from Jessa:
I (Jessa) am so thankful for everything the Lord has done last year. Being apart of all the amazing fruit of salvations, healings, and miracles has caused me to be so blessed and honored by the Lord. I have realized in this time that I too need a break to search my heart and deal with some emotional conflicts about ministry, having a family of my own, and pressures of full time ministry. I also feel the need to fully recover from disappointment from the difficult season that began 5 years ago. Please understand that I am not in any way suggesting that Todd and I are having any marital problems. Todd and I are very happy, in love, and looking forward to preparing for a family. I will be supporting Todd in this season, as he is supporting me, to be refreshed in the Lord and come out of this season stronger and continue on in the ministry.

Thank you for those who have stood with us in prayer and supported us financially. Our commitment is to the Lord, family, and ministry. While we are taking this break, we are needing your continued prayer and financial support more than ever.

"I pray that you would prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers," 3 John 2.

Blessings,

Todd and Jessa Bentley 



First read:

Rejecting Apostate Canadian Todd Bentley: MP calls for ban on tattooed preacher who 'cures' cancer by kicking people in the face


The total delusion of the prosperity Gospel: Bentley: It Rained Gold During Our Revival In South Africa


When the Children of this world see what believers can not see: Luciferian Todd Bentley Planning South Africa “Crusade Tour”in April